OnixS low-latency .NET Core FIX Engine is a .NET class library that FIX-enables applications written in .NET supported languages (C#, Visual Basic (VB.NET), F#, Managed C++, etc.).
The FIX Engine provides the following services:
- Manages a network connection.
- Manages the FIX session layer (for the delivery of application messages), automatically handles Sequence Reset, Resend Request, Test Request, Logon and Logout session-level messages.
- Manages the FIX application layer (defines business-related data content).
- Creates (outgoing) FIX messages.
- Parses (incoming) FIX messages.
- Validates FIX messages.
- Persists messages and FIX session state.
- Recovers the FIX session state after a restart.
- Controls the FIX Session lifetime following the given schedule.
- Detects the telecommunication link failures and reconnects the FIX session automatically.
- Provides TLS/SSL-based encryption.
- FAST compression and decompression.
The following image is a high-level overview of the .NET Core FIX Engine architecture: